NIAGEN, developed by ChromaDex, is patent-protected and the first and only commercially available NR (Nicotinamide Riboside). Research on nicotinamide riboside (NR) shows it is proving to be effective inmany health concerns, including weight management, anti-aging, athletic performance, and neuroprotection. NR is converted to NAD+ and is also a sirtuin activator, improving mitochondrial health which is key to metabolism and energy productions at the cellular level.
NR is a vitamin B3 precursor that occurs naturally in the human body and in foods like milk and even beer! Similar to the more well known Niacin, it can be tolerated in much larger doses as it does not cause the undesirable flushing or other side effects associated with Niacin.
It also acts differently when metabolized – most importantly, by boosting NAD+ levels. Increased NAD levels have recently been shown in a recent study by Harvard University and the University of NSW to completely reverse aging in cells.
Led by Dr David Sinclair, one of the leading researchers on aging and lifespan extension, his study not only showed how the aging process can be slowed, but that it is actually possible to reverse cellular aging!
Scientists have long thought that aging was due to free radicals damaging our DNA. But Dr Sinclair theorized that in fact the primary cause of aging is the communication between the mitochondria and the nucleus inside the cells ceases to function efficiently as we age. His research is evidence that his theory may be correct. NAD is the molecule that improves communication between the nucleous and mitochondria.
A study published by Dr Sinclair in December 2013 involved injecting 2 year old mice with NAD. In just 2 weeks, the cells of these mice reverted back to that of 6 month old mice. This is equivalent to the cells of a 60 year old reverting to that of a 20 year old.
Needless to say, these results got a LOT of attention by the scientific community. Of course, this is MICE – not human beings. And injecting NAD into humans is not a simple matter. That is where Nicotinamide Riboside comes in.
IT IS THE ONLY NATURAL OCCURRING COMPOUND KNOWN TO INCREASE THE LEVELS OF NAD (Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide).
Niagen is the first and only commercially available form of nicotinamide riboside (NR), which is thought to provide many health benefits, including endurance, performance, weight management, cardiovascular health, anti-aging, cognitive function and neuroprotection.
- Supports beneficial effects on blood lipids by maintaining healthy cholesterol levels already within mormal range
- Increases sirtuin activation, improving mitochondrial activity to prevent cellular damage due to free radicals
- Breakthrough natural supplement for brain health, metabolism, and anti-aging
- Increases the NAD+ coenzyme for enhanced mitochondrial function
- Promotes anti-aging effects from free radicals
- Promotes healthy cellular metabolism*
This breakthrough means the amazing anti-aging benefits seen in Dr Sinclairs lab may be within reach, with . no injections needed. Niagen was discovered by Cornell University and is covered by US Patents listed below
Niagen has a host of benefits including brain health, muscle endurance, increased metabolism, and of course anti-aging
- Acts as an NAD+ precursor and a Sirtuin activator, improving mitochondrial activity to prevent cellular damage from free radicals, rather than attempting to address damage already done.
- Promotes healthy mitochondrial function, which is an important component in human aging.
- Cardiovascular Health
- Has been shown to support healthy cholesterol levels induced by a high-fat diet.
- Metabolic Function
- Has been shown to lower high-fat-diet-induced weight gain by enhancing energy expenditure, not by reduced food intake or affecting activity levels.
- Supports energy at the cellular level to promote cellular metabolism.
- Supports cellular health in the brain by providing an additional safeguard against axonal degeneration.
- Maintains neuronal cell health.
read more about Niagen and Nicotinamide Riboside research here